The moon's cycle is 28 days and it has a powerful effect on our energies. While a full moon completes this cycle and brings the energies of completion, ending, change, and release of those things that no longer serve us, the new moon brings the energies of creation, birth, rebirth, and manifestation.
One of the best ways to honour, recognize, and use this energy for maximum benefit is to create a New Moon Ceremony. There are many ways to create a ceremony for this purpose, while I am sharing the new moon ceremony that I enjoy each month with my twin flame, Boyd Campbell, I want you to follow your own guidance and intuition in creating a new moon ceremony that resonates with you. If this one resonates for you, perfect! If not, make your own changes until it does, or create something completely new.
You can perform this ceremony with others or alone, and it is very powerful, especially when it becomes a regular part of your monthly spiritual cycle. Your intentions will change as you grow, so doing this each month will keep your intentions clear and focused, bringing renewed dedication. This ceremony is a natural progression following your full moon release ceremony.
The new moon is a time to reflect and become clear and focused on what it is that we are wanting to create and manifest in our lives. So let's get started!
What you will need:
1. To start, use your sage to smudge your ceremony area and yourself, including your sacred space/altar. Either white sage or white sage incense will work. By smudging with sage you are clearing all negative energies and leaving your space and your aura cleansed - a clean slate for your manifestation ceremony.
2. Now select whichever incense or combination of incense resonates with you for this ceremony. Light them and leave them burning throughout the ceremony.
Financial and Material Manifestations (money matters, possessions such as a new home):
Sage, Mint, Basil, Clove, Jasmine, Patchouli, or Cinnamon
Health and Well-Being (curing physical ailments, boosting energy, promoting vitality):
Amber, Frankincense, Sage, Lavender, Lilac, or Cinnamon
Love & Relationships (healing a relationship, attracting your soul mate, making yourself more attractive): Cinnamon, Jasmine, Musk, Lavender, Vanilla, or Patchouli
Spiritual Growth: Sandalwood, Jasmine, Musk, Cedar, Lavender, or Anis
Protection from Harm: Frankincense, or Sage
Strength and Courage: Lavender, Musk, or Cinnamon
Fertility: Patchouli or Musk
3. Now it's time to set up your alter/sacred space. I like to incorporate the four elements; earth, water, fire and air. I do this by setting up a cup of water (water), a cup of himalayan salt (earth), a feather (air) and lighting my white candle (fire). The white candle symbolizes universal consciousness, purity, truth, unity, happiness and spirituality - divine connection.
4. Citrine and Clear Quartz - great crystals for a manifestation ceremony. Arrange your crystals on your alter/sacred space however feels right for you. Boyd and I like to set them up in a square pattern representing the four directions. The Citrine is a premier stone of manifestation, imagination and personal will. Carrying the power of the sun, it is energizing and life giving, clearing the mind and stirring the soul into action. Clear Quartz is a high vibration crystal that helps with concentration, increased awareness, inspiration and creativity. It is also an amplifier, thus it amplifies the power of your intention and the power of the Citrine crystals.
5. Now take a few moments to become quiet and meditate. You can invite your guides, angels, ascended masters, or whoever else you would like to be there with you. When you are ready, write down on a piece of paper what it is that you want to manifest. Make a list of what you want to create in your life. Think big, these are your dreams! The new moon is a perfect time to manifest what you may feel is out of reach, don't be scared to create your vision here. These are more than just words on a piece of paper, by writing down your intentions you are making a commitment to co-creating with the universe. You are opening the doors and setting your dreams into motion. At the top of the paper write down, "I openly accept these things into my life, or something even better than I have imagined, for the highest good of everyone involved. So be it."
6. A big part of being successful with your new moon manifestations is keeping them in the forefront of your awareness. Keep them in a visible spot, or in your purse or wallet. Journal about your progress.
7. Make adjustments to your list as the month goes by, it is only natural that your desires will change over time. Check off the things that you have received. You may find it helpful to make a vision or dream collage with pictures that illustrate what you are manifesting, and be sure to spend time looking at it each day, focusing on how you FEEL as you imagine already having these things.
8. Each month you will renew this list at a repeated new moon manifestation ceremony, thus re-dedicating your intentions.
Important Factors to Note:
Cupping therapy can help reduce stress. Cupping therapy allows increase depth of treatment that can be achieved with less effort than traditional methods alone. Cupping therapy allows more body area to be covered in less time therefore allows for better overall results.
Dynamic cupping is a massage technique that uses soft silicone cups no fire or heat is used with Dynamic cupping the section is caused by negative air pressure that creates a drawing action of the tissues this lift compliments the compression of massage. The advantage of silicone cups is that they form easily wear hard edges cups cannot achieve suction. This makes for the perfect compliment to your massage. The lasting effects of cupping massage include the separation of tissue layers that may usually be tight. No hands can replicate the effectiveness and efficiency of the cups.
1 - Cupping helps to mobilize toxins sitting in the tissues, allowing circulatory and lymphatic systems to clear. It replaces previously congested area with New Blood.
2 - Cupping allows much better myofascial release by manually loosening adhesions and helping with the alignment of the myofascial bundle while drawing new blood into the tissues to encourage healing.
3 - Cupping allows more effective manual lymph drainage with a negative pressure stimulating better drainage into one of the lymphatic drainage points of the body, this is greatly beneficial to everyone but especially to the pre and post operative client
4 - Cupping therapy increases vasodilation and activates the release of synovial fluid in joints areas there by improving joint discomfort; effective for conditions like arthritis
5 - Gastrointestinal disorders benefit from cupping by the stimulation of peristalsis and secretion of digestive fluids
6 - Cupping assists the respiratory system when overloaded with congestive conditions such as colds flu asthma, etc. It helps to mobilize congestion and ease restrictions found in the rib cage area due to long-term coughing
7 - Cupping helps to enable better absorption of topical muscle rub products enabling better overall results
8 - Cupping ensures that clients have longer lasting results from their massage therapy session then with massage techniques alone
9 - Although the scientific Community has yet to support it - many clients find that cupping therapy is supportive to the reduction of the dimpling associated with cellulite
Flash, Static & Dynamic Cupping (3 styles we mainly use) can leave marks on the area and should not be painful. It is not a bruise and will not turn yellow. They will usually disappear completely within a few days however some can last longer than 7-10 days.
Written and submitted by Joanne Windsor, RMT, Certified Reflexologist, Usui Reiki Master Teacher.