The moon's cycle is 28 days and it has a powerful effect on our energies. While a new moon brings the energies of creation, birth, rebirth, and manifestation, the full moon completes this cycle and brings the energies of completion, ending, change, and release of those things that no longer serve us. The full moon is the ideal time of the month for purging rituals to take place, which is why it is the perfect time to have your release ceremony. The full moon sheds its beautiful light on our lives, illuminating those things that are blocking or inhibiting our spiritual growth, bringing them into our awareness so we can recognize them and let them go. It is a time to release that which is holding us back, allowing us to become better aligned with our divine life purpose moving forward. We may want to release anger, guilt, blame, judgement, fear, addictions, disease, past relationships, and anything else that brings the negative, lower vibration energies into your life.
While I am sharing the release ceremony that my twin flame, Boyd Campbell, and I enjoy together each month, I encourage you to follow your own intuition and guidance and create a release ceremony that resonates with you. If this one I share with you resonates with you, great! If not, change it up until it does.
This ceremony can be performed alone or with others. Boyd and I do this release ceremony every month. It is a monthly cleansing for us, and a very important part of keeping our energies clear, bright and at the highest vibration levels. It also prepares us for our manifestation and creation rituals which fall under the New Moon, I will share more about this in my next article.
What you will need:
1. To start, smudge yourself and your ceremony area, including your altar/sacred space with sage. You can use white sage or white sage incense to do this. Smudging with sage clears all negative energies and leaves your aura and your space cleansed - a blank canvas for your release ceremony.
2. Now light one of either Sweet Grass Smudge, Cedar Smudge Stick or Cedar Incense, Frankincense Incense, Myrrh Incense, or Amber Incense and leave it burn throughout your ceremony. Select which ever one resonates for your specific ceremony.
Sweet Grass: The essence of the feminine, known as the breath of Mother Earth. It's sweet vanilla-like scent brings the blessing of Mother Earth's love. It reminds us that the earth provides everything we need.
Cedar: A protection medicine. Cedar is used to protect a place, person or object from unwanted influences. Cedar brings with it the essence and energy of the tree itself which is very old and wise. Cedars have very powerful spirits.
Frankincense: a tree resin that is used to cleanse and protect the soul. Frankincense is considered to ease depression and promote clairvoyance.
Myrrh: it is said that this tree resin helps one to maintain a state of enlightenment. It is also said to clear the path of debris that stands in the way of one's truth and it connects one to the spirit of youth.
Amber: is said to bring love, comfort, happiness and healing.
3. Now you will set up your alter/sacred space. Boyd and I usually use our table. You want to have each of the four elements; water, earth, air and fire represented. You can do this by setting up your dish of water (water), your dish of himalayan salt (earth), your feather (air) and light your black candle (fire). The black candle symbolizes protection and it also helps to absorb any negative or low vibration energies you are releasing. Lastly set up your smudge shell or dish on your alter/sacred space.
4. Black Tourmaline and Selenite - both a must have for a release ceremony. Place your crystals on your alter/sacred space. You can arrange them however you feel is right. Boyd and I usually place them in a square pattern representing the four directions. The Black Tourmaline is a grounding protective stone that absorbs negativity, cleanses, purifies and transforms dense energy into a higher vibration. It also balances and harmonizes the chakras. Selenite is a high vibration crystal that opens your Crown and higher chakras which makes it excellent for spiritual work, it brings calm and peace. It is also a protective stone that shields a person or space from outside influences. It invokes protection from the angelic realm and dispels negative energy. The Black Tourmaline and the beautiful white Selenite also symbolize the balance of the Yin and Yang energies.
5. Now take a few moments to become quiet and meditate. You can invite your guides, angels, ascended masters, or whoever else you would like to be there with you. When you are ready, write down on a piece of paper what it is that you want to release. You can use several pieces of paper if necessary. When you have finished, roll the paper up and light it on fire from the candle flame, placing it in the smudge shell or dish to burn to ashes. Set your intention that when the paper is finished burning, what you have written down is released. Say out loud or in your mind "So Be It".
6. That's it. You may become emotional as you release what you have been carrying around for a long time, that's fine. Go with it. Allow yourself to feel whatever comes through. Accept it, send it compassion and love and let it go. You will feel significantly lighter, as though a large weight has been lifted from your shoulders!
Important Factors to Note:
- Use small pieces of paper so they will be contained in your smudge shell or bowl when you light them on fire.
- For those of you who are attuned to Reiki, use your Reiki throughout the ceremony and if you have been attuned to Reiki Symbols, draw them on your papers.
Rebekah Campbell is a Usui and Karuna Reiki Master/Teacher, Intuitive, Crystal Healer, Registered Massage Therapist, and Doreen Virtue Certified Angel Card Reader. Rebekah has been inspired to share the knowledge she has gained through her own life experiences with everyone who can receive benefit from it, understanding that we are all a part of the same One Divine Consciousness. The lessons that each of us learn benefit the whole and create universal growth and expansion. Rebekah continues to learn and grow on her own spiritual journey, while exchanging knowledge and learning with others. She is continually focused on her intention of raising the vibration on this beautiful planet for the highest good of all.
If you have found this article helpful, please share it with others.
In love, light and gratitude.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Rebekah_Campbell/2161149